Vellore institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam is introduced to get admission in different fields of engineering and technology. It is one of the most prestigious colleges in India.
To be eligible for appearing in the entrance exam, the candidate is required to fulfill the conditions as-
- Candidates should have been born on or after 1st July, 1994 to be eligible for appearing in the entrance exam
- Candidates have to clear 12th class from a recognized board which could be CBSE or ICSE or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Candidate need to score minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics.
- Average marks for the reserved category candidates is 50% marks in aggregate
- Candidates from NIOS are also eligible to appear in the entrance exam
Candidate can successfully apply for the application form of the entrance exam in the following manner-
First of all candidate has to visit the official website for the entrance exam and register there with the valid e-mail id and mobile number for the further process.
After the registration is done, candidates are advised to go through the instructions for the application form and entrance exam thoroughly.
After this candidate has to draw a demand draft in favor of VIT University of amount Rs.940 which is payable at Vellore. This is done prior to submission of form on internet. Candidates are required to mention their application number, name and contact number on reverse side of the Demand Draft
Candidate can also make the payment online with the help of debit card or credit card or net banking as well.
Candidates has to post the filled in application form with 2 passport size photographs to the address-
The exam consists of 120 multiple choice questions in the sections Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 40 marks each.
No negative marking is done in the entrance exam and 1 mark is allotted for every correct answer
Candidate who successfully completes registration and fills application form will be allotted with admit card for appearing in the entrance exam
The selection of the candidate for the admission is entirely on the basis of performance of the candidate in the entrance exam
The syllabus for the VITEEE 2017 entrance exam for the different sections is mentioned below as-
- Properties of Matter
- Laws of Motion, Energy and Power
- Magnetic effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Nuclear Physics
- Atomic Physics
- Atomic Structure
- P, D and F block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry
- Solid state Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl compounds
- Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds
- Matrices and Determinants
- Complex Numbers
- Analytical Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Integral Calculus
- Discrete Mathematics
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Human Health and Diseases
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Ecology and Environment