Businesses today need a competitive advantage to stay ahead of their competitors in the business world. This can be in the form of an innovative product, competitive strategy or through an interesting promotional content. Today, when it comes to developing a marketing strategy, most marketers are focusing on using video content.
Video content or more specifically, explainer video content, has become one of the most popular forms of content today. There are many different types of explainer videos that one can choose from including motion graphic video, cartoon animation, whiteboard animation and more. Today, we are specifically going to be talking about whiteboard animation videos and its many benefits.
Whether you are a start-up company or one that has been established for years, the fact is that a whiteboard video is perhaps one of the best marketing tools that you can use to market your product or service. It’s an engaging form of content that provides a fun way for viewers to learn about your business, product or service without feeling bored.
When Should You Choose A Whiteboard Animation Video?
But how do you know whether a whiteboard animation is a good choice for you? Let me help you out with that! Following are a few scenarios when a whiteboard animation video can work in your favor.
- Whiteboard videos are informative and therefore, is a great option to use if you have a product or service that is very complex or has a ton of unique features. This video is great for educating your target audience in a manner that keeps them engaged and interested.
- Companies that require a longer video (most videos usually last around 90 seconds) tend to prefer whiteboard video. In fact, there are some whiteboard videos that last well over 20 minutes and still manage to keep the viewers hooked.
- If you are a B2B (Business to Business) company and want to sell your business idea through a whiteboard video. This video format is also a favorite among the B2C (Business to Consumer) companies who use this video to tell a story about their business, products and services.
Benefits OF A Whiteboard Animation Video For Your Business
Apart from being fun to watch, engaging and informative, the following are some of the benefits of a whiteboard animation video.
- Attractive and cleaner Website – Compared to long texts on a website, viewers prefer watching a video instead. This not only interests a user more but also helps in cleaning up the text clutter, making the site look more attractive and cleaner.
- Maximum Sharing – From a marketing perspective, a video is perhaps one of the best forms of promotional tool. It has a high shareability rate which means, as more people share your video content, the visibility of your company increases.
- Easy to Update – Compared to other forms of videos, a whiteboard animation video is perhaps one of the easiest video formats that can be modified and updated with time. With other videos, any update might require a whole new video. However, whiteboard videos allow for easier character upgrades, addition of scenarios and elements.
- Engaging and Fun – Let’s face it, videos are always more fun to watch but this particular video is filled with so many different elements, such as graphics, animation and sound that it keeps the user entertained and more importantly, it keeps them engaged.
- Reduction in Bounce Rate – If attracting users and reducing the bounce rate is the primary intent of your promotional strategy, then incorporating a video is one of the best things that you can do. According to a study by Wistia, it was found that visitors on a website tend to spend an average of 2.6x more time on a site with video content as compared to a site that does not have video content.
- Higher Rankings – It’s a known fact that Google and other search engines tend to prefer websites that have unique content. And what could be more unique than an original video? In fact, it has been found that websites that have video content incorporated on their sites, tend to be ranked much higher on the search listings as compared to sites that just have text content. Therefore, if you are deriving a strategy to increase your SEO results, using a whiteboard animation video will help greatly.
- Fresh Content – When you create a video, you are making sure that it represents your business, products and services. Therefore, any content that you come up means that your video will be completely unique and 100% original, which is great for attracting more viewers since fresh and new content is always more appealing compared to repetitive content that can get boring.
Some other advantages that a whiteboard animation video can provide for your business includes, increase in click-rates, attracting mobile users, boosting email engagements as well as enforcing your business in the minds of your target audience.
Stacy McClain has a vast experience of over 20 years in video production. Her work has been featured on several prominent websites, including websites of different Whiteboard Animation Studios. A well-a known name in the animation field, she also writes blogs sharing tips and tricks to producing engaging video content.